Saturday, August 14, 2010

For Meesa: To the Village




I went back home to Bellevue, Michigan last weekend and since Meesa is having a hard time picturing how I'm from a village....this blog is for you!

Normally I would follow I-94 home but I was forwarned about the construction and decided to stay on 80-90. This made for a very boring ride home, thank god I had lots of music to sing a long with.


Just past Valparaiso, IN when I started seeing nasty black smoke. It took a while but I finally got to the scene of the crime. No idea what it used to be but it wasn't healthy to be breathing since it was thick black smoke. Guess it's no worse than breathing while driving through Gary, IN.

Finally in Michigan...this is pretty much what you see the entire way...trees.

Getting closer. To the left....sweet home Chicago....to the right...Eastsiiide (also home of the Wings) and straight ahead Bellevue.


From this sign it looks like a big important place :)

Why yes that is a tractor driving down the road...he actually got over so I could go around. I know I'm close now!
Entering the Village limits.

Notice the stop light and the "blinking light"...we are special because we have both. This is Bellevue's business district. It can be overwhelming how fast paced and full of action Bellevue can be on a Saturday. Also notice that the only vehicles are trucks.

We are very proud that we were the first in Eaton County (obviously since it's on both signs!). Bellevue has a Crane festival and gets invaded by these large birds every year.

Yes this is where all the cool people dine in Bellevue. And don't think because it's in the middle of nowhere that it won't have interesting things to eat...ostrich burger anyone?

My dirt road aka River Road. What you can't see since it's summer, are the pond on either side of the road. I spent many hours swimming, fishing and catching frogs at the pond to the right.

Corn. yup this year it's corn on the side of the road, next it will be soybeans. Gotta rotate the crops so the soil stays healthy.

Home. Woods and the river to the left and gardens, barn and lots of grass to the right.


Dad mowing the lawn. :)

When in Bellevue, you gotta drive a truck, seriously it's like my jeep is unable to handle the roads because Dad insists that if we are going somewhere we have to take one of the trucks. This would be my favorite because it makes me feel like a badass.
Need a pop (not soda, you bake with soda)? On the way home from Battle Creek from dinner. Gotta support local businesses.

Dad found this lil' guy while mowing. He knew I'd want to take a picture. I'd really like to take him home but Paul is pretty strict about bring home animals.
Some of mom's flowers.

Pretty standard sunset in the Midwest, outside of Chicago of course.

On my way home...stuck in traffic near Gary. Joy.

The Skyway. Ahh back to the orange lights of Chicago.

Hope you enjoyed this Meesa! You know I'm not the skilled blogger that you are!

1 comment:

  1. haha, best blog ever! even though i still find the whole village thing hard to believe, i can actually say that i have witnessed a lot of village-like things first hand! i went to missouri last thanksgiving and it reminds me of your village!

    you are so talented.. driving and taking photos (and doing some talking on the phone)!

    ReplyDelete